Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Silhouettes against gold- An awe-inspiring evening at Kelgeri lake








This was how mundane and plain looking the evening sky was to begin with...
But then, I knew there was something spectacular for me in store...!






I sat there on a rock taking in the lovely evening breeze, waiting for the naatak to begin, Shamim Bhaiyya went about finding the right dabba angadi for girmitt and chaha...

The sun was steadily sliding toward the horizon, the bridge before me began to form a silhouette, and a faint hint of burnished gold crept in the sky, giving a hint of the drama to come...








The blue in the sky began to gradually fade allowing the gold to spread...
As I captured this last frame of the blue sky, a herd of buffaloes were driven past me to the lake... I jumped in excitement, and shouted out to Shamim Bhaiyya, who was now watching from the bridge... "Shamim Bhaiyya, Yemmi, yemmi...!" Shamim Bhaiyya just smiled and nodded his head and continued telling an inquisitive bunch of people who had gathered beside him, about my "photo lene ka paagalpan" ...







As the spectacular backdrop streched, the water turned to molten gold and the setting sun formed a glimmering streak across the water...
There came Basu to watch over his Yemmis and get his cycle washed alongside...








It was interesting to watch him go about his cleaning so meticulously... Basu does love his cycle...!!






His painstaking, meticulous, careful cleaning, remindede me of a friend... :P
I had to admire Basu... As he cleaned his bicycle, he also kept a cautious eye on his Yemmis, who by now were wallowing luxuriously in the Kelgeri waters...







Ah there...! Looks like he's finally happy with his handiwork...






Not really...
He's back to some more cleaning along with his mother, who's now joined him to bathe the buffaloes and some bullocks that she brought along with her...








How could one not be in admiration and respect for all this hard work...





All done, washing up and ready to head back home with their cattle...






And there we have some enthusiastic fishermen...
These guys were from Kelgeri, and were very keen to see the pictures...!
They were mighty pleased to see themselves, though they were mere silhouettes...!








"Manyaag hoyykontaar le.pa, lagoo nadrriyo...!!"
A bunch of kids returning home after a fun evening...














For a moment, I stopped focusing on the sky before me and turned around to look down at the earth... A what do I see...
It was simply beautiful...!!







And then the glimmering gold took on a burnished sheen and began to slowly prepare for an exit... Everything around turned into deep dark brooding silhouettes...






Shamim Bhaiyya's shout of- "Varsha Ma'am, girmitt ready huahai, khane tak jaaneka time ho jayega...!" reminded me of the time I'd spent by the lovely waters of the lake...

It was time for me to make my way up to the walkway... Time for some fresh girmitt and bishi bishi chcha... Time to head back home and excitedly transfer the pictures to my laptop... time to...














And before I left, how could I miss this silhouette...!








And then the shimmering gold turned to shades of warm orange, tangerine, vermillion and bronze...






















Ha, how could I not put up a picture of the place where we had this yummy girmitt and superb chaha...!!



1 comment: